Last updated 9/23/22 The John Deere 1025R is quickly becoming the most widely used sub compact tractor in America. With a wide variety of available attachments and capable 1.3L Yanmar diesel engine, it’s easy to see why. This is a major competitor to Kubota’s popular residential tractor lineup. This article should provide you with enough John Deere 1025R oil filter cross reference information to save some money on filters.
John Deere has used the same Yanmar engine since the first 1025R rolled off the assembly line in 2013. This makes it easy to source aftermarket filters. It doesn’t matter what year your 1025R was manufactured, they all use the same filters. In rare situations the aftermarket filters may not be much cheaper than the John Deere filters, so we have included links to the OEM filters to compare prices. The goal of this guide is to provide the John Deere 1025R filter cross reference information needed to successfully maintain your tractor.
John Deere 1025R Oil Filter Cross Reference (Every 200 hours or annually):
OEM M806418 (John Deere OEM M806418 on Amazon) crosses to:
- WIX 51365 Check Amazon Price: WIX Filters – 51365 Oil Filter, Pack of 1
- Baldwin B1400 Baldwin Filters B1400 Oil Filter
- Donaldson P502067 Donaldson P502067 Oil Filter
- Fleetguard LF3925 Fleetguard Oil Filter LF3925
- K&N HP-1008 K&N HP-1008 Performance Oil Filter
The JD 1025r has an oil capacity of 2.9 quarts of 15w40 or 10w40. The best oil you can use to protect the investment in your tractor is Royal Purple. It consistently outperforms even John Deere oil (which is a great 2nd choice). Since these engines only hold about 3 quarts, it doesn’t cost too much more to upgrade to Royal Purple. Check out the reviews they speak for themselves: Royal Purple 10W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil 1 qt. (Case of 6) This case of 6 quarts will be enough for 2 oil changes. The only exception here: if you are still under 100 hours stick to the recommended JD Break-In oil.
John Deere 1025R Hydraulic Filter Cross Reference (Every 200 hours):
OEM LVA16054 (John Deere Original Hydraulic Filter LVA16054 on Amazon) crosses to:
- Believe it or not, there are no aftermarket options for the John Deere 1025R hydraulic filter. John Deere has an exclusivity agreement with whoever is making this filter for them. Fortunately, you can pick one up on Amazon if you don’t want to pay dealer price: John Deere OEM Hydraulic Filter LVA16054
John Deere 1025R Air Filter Cross Reference (Every 400 hours):
OEM M131802 (John Deere M131802 on Amazon) crosses to:
- WIX 46438 Check Price: WIX Filters 46438 Heavy Duty Seal Outer Air Filter
- BALDWIN RS3704 Baldwin RS3704 Heavy Duty Air Filter
- DONALDSON P821575 Donaldson P821575 Air Filter
- K&N E-4961 K&N E-4961 Air Filter
- NAPA 6438 6438 NAPA Gold Air Filter
John Deere 1025R Fuel Filter Cross Reference (Every 400 hours):
OEM M801101 (John Deere M801101 on Amazon) crosses to:
- BALDWIN PF981 Baldwin PF981 Heavy Duty Diesel Fuel Filter
- DONALDSON P502166 Donaldson P502166 Fuel Filter
- FLEETGUARD FF5259 FLEETGUARD FUEL FILTER FF5259
John Deere 1025R Full Filter Kit LVA21035 (Check Price on Full Kit)
If you are just looking to buy all the filters you need in one package, John Deere makes a kit with all needed filters. These kits are usually a pretty good value compared to buying OEM filters separately. Here’s the kit: John Deere Original Equipment Filter Kit LVA21035
These John Deere 1025R filter cross reference lists by no means contain every filter that crosses with the JD OEM’s. I don’t include low quality filters that can jeopardize your engines performance or lifespan. I also don’t include some car and truck filters that may technically fit on your 1025R. It’s important to stick with the filters we list, just because a Mazda B6Y1-14-302 filter crosses to a JD OEM M806418 (it really does) doesn’t mean it is a good fit for your tractor.
That being said, any time you see a cross reference to a WIX, Baldwin, Donaldson, Fleetguard, K&N or NAPA filter you can be sure it meets or exceeds OEM specs. John Deere has Donaldson and sometimes Champion make most of their filters, so OEM is kind of out the window already. The only thing extra you get by paying OEM dealer price is Donaldson painted a John Deere logo on the can of the filter.
With the exception of the hydraulic filter that you will have to get at the dealer or from Amazon, using this list to buy filters online will likely save around 50% off dealer price. If saving money on filters means you will change them more frequently, your 1025R is going to last a long time. Feel free to take these John Deere 1025R oil filter part numbers into a store or simply order off our Amazon links for the brand you prefer. Thanks for reading and supporting our site!