In the world of sub compact tractors the John Deere 1023E is popular choice of acreage owners across the country. With a wide range of available attachments, from mower decks to snow blades, the 1023E is a versatile machine. The 1025R is the bigger brother to the 1023E, you can check filter cross information for that tractor here: John Deere 1025R Filter Cross Info John Deere has manufactured this tractor since 2011. In 2016 the 1023E had a slight redesign and the engine was changed, but they use the same filters. Be sure to double check the prices on our John Deere 1023E oil filter cross reference information posted below, prices change frequently when buying online.
The 23.5hp Yanmar 3-cylinder diesel on these tractors is extremely easy to work on, making it simple to maintain yourself. When you change your tractor’s filters yourself you will not only save money on labor, but also save on having to pay marked up prices on OEM John Deere filters. Since John Deere has companies like Champion, Donaldson and Baldwin make their filters, you aren’t sacrificing anything by using aftermarket filters. If saving money on filters means they get changed more frequently, then your John Deere 1023E will stay running great for years to come. Here’s the cross reference info:
John Deere 1023E Oil Filter Cross Reference (Every 200 hours or annually):
OEM M806418 crosses to:
- WIX 51365 Check Amazon Price: WIX Filters – 51365 Oil Filter, Pack of 1
- Baldwin B1400 Baldwin Filters B1400 Oil Filter
- Donaldson P502067 Donaldson P502067 Oil Filter
- Fleetguard LF3925 Fleetguard Oil Filter LF3925
- K&N HP-1008 K&N HP-1008 Performance Oil Filter
The oil capacity of the John Deere 1023E is 2.9qt of 15w40 or 10w40 diesel engine oil. Much like with their filters, John Deere does not manufacture their JD branded oil. This doesn’t mean it is bad oil, but there are higher performing oils available for a similar or cheaper price. In our research and testing Royal Purple consistently tests with the highest ratings of any readily available oil. With a capacity of just under 3 quarts, buying a case of 6 quarts will get you through 2 oil changes and get a discount for buying by the case.
Using Royal Purple or another really high quality synthetic oil like Rotella T5 or T6 is the absolute best step you can take in protecting the investment in your tractor. Here’s a link to a case of full synthetic Royal Purple HPS: Royal Purple 10W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil 1 qt. (Case of 6) The only exception to this is if you have a newer machine and haven’t hit the hours threshold yet, stick to the break in oil.
John Deere 1023E Air Filter Cross Reference (Every 200 hours or annually):
PRIMARY: OEM John Deere M113621 crosses to:
- WIX 46449 WIX 46449 Heavy Duty Outer Air Filter, Pack of 1
- Fleetguard AF25550 Fleetguard AF25550 Air Filter
- K&N E4552 K&N E-4552 High Performance Air Filter
SECONDARY: OEM John Deere M123378 crosses to:
John Deere 1023E Fuel Filter Cross Reference (Every 400 hours or annually):
OEM M801101 crosses to:
- BALDWIN PF981 Baldwin PF981 Heavy Duty Diesel Fuel Filter
- DONALDSON P502166 Donaldson P502166 Fuel Filter
- FLEETGUARD FF5259 FLEETGUARD FUEL FILTER FF5259
John Deere 1023E Hydraulic Filter Cross Reference (Every 200 hours or annually):
OEM LVA16054 crosses to:
- At the time of this writing there is not currently an aftermarket filter that crosses to this filter. Here is the OEM filter, you can compare it to your dealer price and see if there is any savings: John Deere OEM Hydraulic Filter LVA16054
John Deere 1023E Full Maintenance Kits (All Filters):
John Deere 1023E Filter Pak: LVA21035 Check Price: John Deere OEM Filter Kit LVA21035
- Includes OEM JD M806418 Oil Filter, LVA16054 Hydraulic Filter, M113621 Primary Air Filter, M801101 Fuel Filter, and AM116304 Inline Fuel Filter
This maintenance kit is a pretty good value if you just want all the filters you need for your 1023E in one package. They work well for end or beginning of season maintenance where you might be ready to change all the filters at once. If you just want an easy way to get all your filters without going through the hassle that is John Deere filter cross references than this is a good way to go.
We hope that this article provided you with the John Deere 1023E filter cross reference information that you need to keep your tractor in top shape. Whether you use our filter crosses to take into your local store or purchase online, we thank you for supporting our site. It’s also important to note that there are likely hundreds of aftermarket filters that will fit your 1023E, the ones we list are just the most common and reasonably priced.